La Vie en Rose

"And though I close my eyes I see La vie en rose When you press me to your heart I'm in a world apart A world where roses bloom..."

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a 22 year old ready to make an impression in the world.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

An interesting comment

"Lewis notes that affection is expressed appropriately in comfortable, private, quiet settings-not in public ones. When expressed in public, affection can make others uncomfortable. Lewis says that 'affection would not be affection if it was loudly and frequently expressed; to produce it in public is like getting your household furniture out for a move. It did well in its place, but it looks shabby or tawdry or grotesque in the sunshine."-C.S.Lewis' view on affection from Question of God.
To express affection towards your loved one in lets say, your dorm room, is perfectly acceptable-that is your space. Now I'm not going out and saying totally go at it-there are things better left behind closed doors. I am not a prude in any means; I just do not see the point for people to make out in an eating area or in front of me at the movie theatre.
Any comments?

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

It sounds like this may an ever-present issue at ABU eh????

I love Lewis!

10/26/2006 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PDAs will always be a problem at ABU for the simple reason that everyone has their own version of what is acceptable. I hope that it hasn't been too bad this year. Remember people will always jump to the extreme for fear of being labelled a non-Christian.

Samantha

10/28/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger carlyrae said...

I totally agree. PDA's that are more than hand-holding, hugging or a quick peck on the cheek drive me crazy!
I love your crazy rants like this; the one about the gater shoes was priceless. haha

10/29/2006 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home