La Vie en Rose

"And though I close my eyes I see La vie en rose When you press me to your heart I'm in a world apart A world where roses bloom..."

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a 22 year old ready to make an impression in the world.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wind in the Willows-Part One

Tomorrow at the public library, my children's literature group and I are doing a dramatic reading of a scene from Kenneth Graeme's classic novel, "Wind in the Willows." I had originally set out to play the part of Mole-I bougt a little jacket, glasses and everything. Well...now I am set to play the part of snobby, conceited, wonderful Mr. Toad. I get to finally play the part of an arrogant jerk-and I am still wearing the glasses! My dreams are complete!
Here is the synopsis of our reading-because Toad was in jail (he wrecked four cars, stole a police car and wrecked that too...) his manour was taken over by a mean group of weasels. Three creatures, Rat Mole and Badger, are helping Mr. Toad regain his home. Toad, escapes from jail by pretending to be a washer woman! After the four get their battle plan, they launch attack on the night of the Chief Weasel's birthday party...insert suspicious music! You will have to stay tuned to find out what happens on that fateful night-does Toad get his home back? you shall find out tomorrow!
It's going to be so much fun; we even are giving out cake. Who wouldn't love us? I know I would love cake!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, you be the best snooty toad you can be. I think the kids will love you just as much as we do.

Samantha

11/04/2006 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew there was a book but I only saw the movie. It was my favorite for a long time. I recommend everyone see it. Ah Memories!

11/07/2006 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home