La Vie en Rose

"And though I close my eyes I see La vie en rose When you press me to your heart I'm in a world apart A world where roses bloom..."

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a 22 year old ready to make an impression in the world.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Unexpected turns

Life can teach you things from the oddest of things, events, or people. You expect your decisions to be clear cut, happily displayed in front of you, so all you have to do is say option c. Yet, we learn from the chaos. To fully illustrate this theory, look at the classic cliche of a child in a park. The child on a swing is reaching towards a higher goal; the child on a slide is gliding towards the unknown. However, the child in the sandbox doesn't know what she wants to do, so she sits and gets dirty and what do you know-she learns something. Thus one can learn from indecisiveness, for one didn't know what one wanted at the beginning, yet along the way a moral of the story seeps into one's comprehension.
Every child is asked the same question-what do you want to be when you grow up? Common responses have been astronaut, ballerina, doctor, famous singer or actor and the list continues. Yet, I should assume that being a fourth year student, I should have somewhat of an idea. Well...I do have an idea, it's just that right now it seems so far off, a dream. However, I need to know how to make that concept become reality. All I know for sure is that I want to include books in my career. More specifically, I want to do something with children's books. I have wanted to do something with journalism, yet that too is a thought. Who knows...maybe one day I'll own my very own shop-selling children's books and have a little bakery on the side, selling the most important food to eat when reading a child's book-cookies. I could write on the side, thus allowing myself to do what I like. But like the person in Dr. Seuss' "Oh the places you'll go" I just don't know where I'm going-but I have an idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home